Manifesta 12 is pleased to announce the list of selected projects for the 5x5x5 programme.
Manifesta 12 is the first time we have divided this parallel programme in two parts:
- Manifesta 12 Collateral Events invites public and private institutions, non-profit organizations and professionals from Palermo, Sicily, Italy and abroad to feature a project in Palermo alongside the main Manifesta 12 biennial. Manifesta 12 Collateral Events is a specific invitation for cultural organizations and professionals to submit their proposals for side projects to take place during the Manifesta 12 biennial and benefit from Manifesta’s international reach. Collateral Events will not be part of the main biennial programme, but will be extensively featured, associated with, and promoted through Manifesta 12 communication. Click here for the submission guidelines.
- 5x5x5 Programme invites international and national galleries, individual artists, and educational institutions to hold a topical pop-up event during the biennial in Palermo with the active involvement of the local art scene and communities. 5x5x5 Programme is a new model of Manifesta parallel programme. The goal of 5x5x5 is to foster an exchange between local professionals and Manifesta’s diverse international network of artists, creative producers, academic and educational institutions, and thinkers and influential stakeholders, making sure that this synergy evolves into long-term collaborations and legacy for Palermo. Click here for the submission guidelines.
Among the 188 proposals received, 15 projects were selected by our jury.
Promoters of received applications are distributed as such:
Please find below, the list of selected projects.
• Collectif Corps Citoyen, El Aers – The Wedding Project (Tunisia)
• Collective Intelligence, Il Traffico (Finland)
• Didem Erk, I wish I could not be traced in the archives (Turkey)
• Joe Highton and Victor Ruiz Colomer (UK and Spain)
• Marcello Maloberti, Circus Palermo (Italy)
• Annet Gelink Gallery, tegenboschvanvreden and Martin van Zomeren, As far as hands can reach (Netherlands)
• Galleria Continua, Berlinde De Bruyckere (Italy, China, France and Cuba)
• Exile, EXILE X Summer camp: May the bridges I burn light the way (Germany)
• Galleria Franco Noero and Simon Starling, The Beheading (Italy)
• Galleria Lia Rumma, Michele Guido – CEIBA GARDEN PROJECT_2017 (Italia)
• Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera, Accademia di Belle Arti di Palermo and Scuola Politecnica, University of Palermo, The hidden City (Italy)
• DOHA Institute for Graduate Studies, Practices of Unlearning: coloniality, Knowledge and Migration (Qatar)
• MASS Alexandria, Sometimes I Think I Can See You (WT) (Egypt)
• Royal Institute of Art in Stockholm, Decolonizing Architecture advance course, The Heritage of Fascist Architecture (Sweden)
• HydroCity andScuola Politecnica di Palermo, University of Palermo, INGRUTTATI PALERMO (France)
For any further information, please contact Katheryna Rojas at email@example.com