We are excited to unveil two models of general participation in Manifesta 12 alongside the main biennial programme for interested local and international artists, professionals, organizations and institutions.
Read further for the general overview or click below for detailed info on each participation model.
Every edition, Manifesta organizes a parallel programme alongside the main Manifesta 12 biennial in close collaboration with local artists, museums and cultural producers. This program usually takes place in the same period as the biennial, but in a larger geographical framework of the host city region. Diverse local collaborators are invited to submit their proposals, which are then evaluated and selected by a dedicated jury. All projects receive communication support from Manifesta across all official channels.
Manifesta 12 is the first time we have divided this parallel programme in two parts:
- Manifesta 12 Collateral Events inviting public and private institutions, non-profit organizations and professionals from Palermo, Sicily, Italy and abroad to feature a project in Palermo alongside the main Manifesta 12 biennial
- 5x5x5 Programme inviting international and national galleries, individual artists and educational institutions to hold a topical pop-up event during the biennial in Palermo with an active involvement of local art scene and communities
Manifesta 12 Collateral Events is a specific invitation for cultural organizations and professionals to submit their proposals for side projects to take place during the Manifesta 12 biennial and benefit from Manifesta’s international reach. Collateral Events will not be part of the main biennial programme, but will be extensively featured, associated with and promoted through Manifesta 12 communication. Click here for the submission procedure.
5x5x5 Programme is a new model of Manifesta parallel programme. The goal of 5x5x5 is to foster an exchange between local professionals and Manifesta’s diverse international network of artists, creative producers, academic and educational institutions, thinkers and influential stakeholders, making sure that this synergy evolves into long-term collaborations and legacy for Palermo.
5x5x5 will take place in Palermo throughout the duration of the biennial from 16 June 2018 until 4 November 2018 and will consist of the following 3 components:
- 5x artists-in-residence in Palermo in public and private spaces in the city
- 5x pop-up shows by international/national galleries
- 5x summerschools by educational and academic institutions
It is essential that each 5x5x5 project focuses on collaborating with and involving the local art scene and/or local professionals, producers and institutions in order to foster networking and exchange. Click here for the submission procedure.
All 5x5x5 projects receive full communication support across all Manifesta 12 channels.
We are thrilled to invite all interested parties to submit their proposals for both models. Click on the buttons below for a detailed procedure and conditions of participation in each model.